Tuesday, February 13, 2007

"When I go" by David Hart

When I finally go from here
I'd like to return as a
Cloud in the sky of blue.
Floating endlessly from dawn
'til darkly night.

When I pass from life awhirl
I'd like to come back as a
Perky ladybug and alight upon
young ladies' shoulders and
whisper sweet talk in
their ears.

When I finally go from here
I'd like to return as a giant
volcano resting quietly to then
surprise spew lava flying up
through the the welcoming sky.

When I go from my earthly chair,
I'd like to return as a great
Ocean filled with fish and fauna
Running through my watery veins.
Dolphins tickling my ribs and
fish shoals of fish swerving
and darting about in my brain.
I'll lavish loving wet caressess
to shores near and afar.

Anon, once I depart from life's
Joys and woes, I might like to
reappear as a bushy tailed
Squirrel scampering and clawing
ground and trees. I'd wiggle my
nose and tail to all passersby.

Alas, upon my exit of this glorious trek,
I should like to quietly reconvene
as a regal eagle soaring o'er mountains
and weaving betwixt and between towering
skyscrapers and majestic trees calling out
to one and all.

After my departure from a life splendid
and keen, I will come back a summer wind.
Cooling one and all from hot summer days,
Swirling and twirling for all to feel.

No comments: