Saturday, May 05, 2007

"Gun Love" a poem by David Hart

I gotta gun.
I'm somebody now.
Oh, to hold my gun.
I like killing things with it.
Bottles & cans are OK,
But something ALIVE, yes
Alive--to snuff out life.
That's the fine exquisite thrill.

See Blood splurt out of some animal.
Pure joy. Just after I plugged 'em
Good. Yes, yes.

To snuff out life. I feel so good.
I feel like God.

Waiting, waiting, waiting.
For someone to give me a good
Reason, to use my Gun.

Someone rubs me wrong at work,
I won't ignore it.
I ain't gettin' another job.
I have no capacity to forgive
Nay, nor to forgive. Not me.
An eye for an eye. A tooth
For a tooth. It's in the Bible.
Only solution, blow them away.
With my Gun.

I easily forget all the good
That comes my way. I only
Think of the bad. Everyone
Wrongs me all the time.
Time for me and my Gun
To make them pay.

I know I am ok.
Everyday, on TV,
A gun here, a gun there.
Must be ok. I see it on TV.
I got my Gun. I love my Gun.
I never forget. I never forgive.
It ain't my way.

No comments: